Followers

Tuesday 31 January 2012

Woodware Challenge - 3D delights

Oh, I love 3D......here I am using flowers of course. These are a little different from my usual flowers made from paper because they are punched from card stock, shaped and stuck to polystyrene balls. So you get this amazing round flower and it's very easy to construct.

I have embossed a piece of cream card and trimmed it to the size I want for my background. I have then cut in half (using a sharp craft knife) three polystyrene balls (Woodware FPC-Balls) and have stuck five halves to the embossed card using a good blob of PVA glue. Allow that to dry while you punch lots and lots of red (or blue) flowers from textured card using the Woodware punch 826-26 lilac blossom.

Each flower will need very severe cup character using the mat and shapemate tool. Cover a polystyrene ball with PVA glue and stick the shaped flowers onto it starting at the base and working your way up. Then stick more on top of these flowers to cover any gaps. Once the glue is dry you wont see it! Add some leaves and arrange on your base card.

2 comments:

Love crafts forever said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs Nataliya

Clarissa said...

I love making this card even if I am too neat!!

Tabitha looking cute

Tabitha looking cute
Look, I’ve just caught you another mouse!