Followers

Tuesday 31 May 2011

A little thank you...

Having just read all the lovely comments on my blog, I wanted to thank you ladies - and gentlemen (Neil xxx) - for saying such nice things about my flower cards.
Here is a card showing you yet another rose. I've used my Woodware singles clear stamp of a rose JGS151, stamped it with black Versafine ink and clear embossing powder, heated it to emboss the image. Then coloured it in with a Sakura metalic and stardust pens. Apply the pen directly onto the stamped image, so for this image I applied the colour at the base of each petal where it would be darker, then using a water or paint brush drag the colour all over the petals. Apply more colour if need be by applying the pen to a non porous surface such as a piece of acetate and use that as your palette. The Sakura pens are wonderful for colouring and give such an amazing shimmering look. Give it a try.


3 comments:

debs29blue said...

Hi Jane
Oooooh, this is just so beautiful!
Your colouring is amazing, I didn't realise you can "watercolour" with the sakura pens! Love the shading and depth they give. Think I will definitely be trying this!
Take care
Debs x

Dorrie said...

you deserve everything nice that is said about you! Hugs and Kisses

Sarah K said...

What a beautiful card! you make it look so easy xx

Tabitha looking cute

Tabitha looking cute
Look, I’ve just caught you another mouse!