Followers

Thursday 15 January 2009

I'm back....!


I've not been hibernating, just getting on with lots of ideas for classes and new stamp designs.

 We had a great class last week at The Glitter Pot making extremley big flowers, here is an example of the flower we made. There is another card on display in the shop, so if you missed the class or were just too busy (Joanne, where were you, we missed your company) you can perhaps work out how I made it.

I cut up a large punched Woodware Cherry punch, edged the petals with black pigment ink. Using the DEET tool and mat, made lots of long character lines along the petals which created a kind of corrugated effect and curved the petals at the same time. 

I then punched a 2 inch circle and stuck a petal at 12, 3, 6 and 9 'o' clock positions. Then filled in the gaps working towards the middle in the same way. Leave an inch circular gap in the middle.

Punch out lots of smaller regular daisies from black card and cut them up into individual petals, then make a single character line with DEET through the centre. 

Using Woodware black Fluffy Stuff add some little blobs all over a 1 inch punched circle and heat to puff up (this stuff is brilliant for FPC projects, just watch out for it on my ice cream cards which come out in February!). Stick lots of petals around the edge of the circle from the back. Then using a good blob of glue stick this circle in the middle of your flower. Now you can see why it is important to leave that gap in the middle of your flower.

Hope you enjoy my card.




2 comments:

Joanne said...

I love the flower Jane! Really sad that I missed the class, and everyone's company. Will have to have a go at the flower though, so thanks for the instructions here.

Bon said...

Ah at last I have found the Popular Jane Gill. I love your work and all the lovely flowers you have made and taught others to make. I live in East Sussex and would love to attend one of your classes in either Eastbourne or Hastings if you do any there. I put my name on the list for your class at Creativity, in Eastbourne. They said that it will be sometime in March, pls pls let me know when I just can not wait.

Tabitha looking cute

Tabitha looking cute
Look, I’ve just caught you another mouse!