Followers

Saturday 15 August 2015

The Mirror Cracked challenge - make a mask


Woodware are again sponsoring The Mirror Crack'd Blog

The Craft Barn in South Nutfield stock these paper mache masks among other
wood and paper mache products ready to decorate.

The pack of seed beads and fine glitter come from Stix2 and I had some
large clear, flat backed gems in my stash.

I covered the mask with Dreamweaver silver embossing paste, half at a time
and decorated first with the large gems pushing them into the thick paste.

Then sprinkled the large beads over the wet paste, then the seed beads and finally the glitter.

Repeat with the other side taking care not to touch the other half as it will still be wet.

I guarantee you will have seed beads and glitter everywhere on your work surface, but hey...its great fun and the mask is really stylish and sparkly!


The selection of products used to decorate my mask



3 comments:

Scrapintheattic.com said...

Wow, amazing transformation! I love your mask, the glitter, the sparkle, you must be off to Venice for the masked Ball! Great work, thank you for joining our challenge at The Mirror Crack'd. Hugs Jan x

Esther said...

oooh yummy, glittery gorgeousness...love that mask...Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Mirror Crack'd...Esther xx

Judy McKay said...

I love those details in the mask. They are very beautiful. Thank you for joining us at the Mirror Crack'd this month. I hope we will see you back here again soon. Judy DT

Tabitha looking cute

Tabitha looking cute
Look, I’ve just caught you another mouse!