Followers

Sunday 22 April 2012

A day at The Stoke Gallery

I just have to share this photo of a very stylish card made by Ruth who works and teaches at The Stoke Gallery in Gosport, Hampshire. I went to take a floral punch craft class there yesterday and saw this card that Ruth had made for a class a few days ago.
She has used my single clear stamp from Woodware JGS157, Dog Rose Wreath and I think it's so pretty and delicate. Ruth stamped the image on green paper and cut it all out. Sooooo patient! She has stuck this to an embossed card on a base card.
Ruth then stamped twice onto a pale, pale pink paper and cut the flowers out.
She has stuck one layer of flowers on top of the green and then the other flowers have been coloured slightly with a little pink ink using a stencil brush. Each flower has been shaped and stuck only in the middle to create a 3D look. The little buds have been coloured in with a white gel pen. 
Seed beads have been used in the middle.
Thanks Ruth for this inspiration.


So, back to my class at The Stoke Gallery yesterday.....we made carnations using the floral punch craft technique, punches and paper.
The card is A6 with an embossed background, all made from cream card. A die cut green scallop oval and a plain cream oval frame the three carnations and I have made some sprigs of ivy and little sprays of tiny cream flowers to complete my little bouquet.
All instructions for the carnation can be found in book 2 (red cover) of Leone Ems floral punch craft book available from Woodware stockists. All punches are from Woodware and I teach several times a year at The Stoke Gallery, my next class there is the 23rd June and we will be making cyclamen.


3 comments:

Clarissa said...

Two lovely cards again. My carnations from last year are still waiting to be made into a card!!! x

Janetli921 said...

beautiful cards!!!!
tfs

Japonica said...

Aaaah Jane - you are sooo clever! I can almost smell the carnations -they are amongst my favouries. I
must have a go at these.

Tabitha looking cute

Tabitha looking cute
Look, I’ve just caught you another mouse!